The executive briefing letter sounds pretty powerful, what is it and how do you use it?
An executive briefing letter is a powerful, pro-active sales tool that communicates the outcomes and impact associated with your solutions to busy executives.
An executive briefing note summarizes accomplishments and progress for a specific customer. It is a custom communication, never generic. After an executive appointment, it is a great idea to follow up with a briefing letter (or well crafted email).
For example, an executive briefing letter can include the following components and benefits:
- Raising the level of awareness for past successes and future initiatives
- Paving the road for future executive access
- Providing recognition, as appropriate, for day-to-day contacts
- Articulating alignment (vision, goals, culture) between your organization and your customer’s organization
- Documentation of accomplishments which can be referred to in the future
- Bringing a new contact up to speed on prior activities and outcomes
- Differentiating you and your company