How do you advise your clients to prepare for TOP Line Account™ sales calls?
Collaborating on important sales calls in advance is an element that my coaching clients tell me they really appreciate about our coaching sessions.
If they have an upcoming sales call with a TOP Line Account™ opportunity, we go through a formal pre-call planning process. There are tons of benefits that come with pre-call planning. For instance, your call effectiveness will increase exponentially, and it forces you to think through win themes™.
Over time there are consistencies however, every sales call is unique and by thinking through each aspect of the call in a collaborative manner, something important always comes to the surface.
When you’re prepared, you’re confidant and free to listen. (two ears, one mouth)
Steps for a typical pre-calling planning discussion:
- Discuss general info about the situation. What insights were gained from your research that can be used during the call?
- Where is the customer in their buying process? (Does this match with your sales process?)
- What does the customer want to accomplish in the call?
- What do you want to accomplish in the call?
- Analyze each customer attendee to determine best approach. Consider other attendees on your side or your prospects side if applicable.
- Based on your understanding of the prospects priorities, develop potential win themes™.
- What are some ‘possible’ next steps? (A, B, and C) Stay flexible and listen! Seed and track next steps and action items as the call progresses to gain commitment along the way.
- Anticipate what could go wrong? (Develop contingency plans.)
- Build an agenda, in collaboration with your customer, if possible.
- Determine the best follow up after the call to keep momentum high.