What are the pitfalls associated with strategy planning for a TOP Line Account™?
Over the years I’ve observed the same ‘show stoppers’ over and over again with regards to strategy planning for your largest opportunities or critical customers.
- A weak team leader
- Strong start, poor execution over time
- Prioritizing day-to-day over TOP Line Account™ planning
- Thinking inwardly, not outwardly
- Narrow focus. Not looking for all the opportunities within the account
- Little or no key customer executive engagement
- Lack of an unwavering belief that long term strategic account planning pays off
- Tactical mindset versus a strategic mindset
On the flip side, when these critical elements are in place, there’s no stopping the team in landing or retaining TOP Line Accounts™!